GUNTUR: Eight thatched houses and seven cattle sheds were reduced to ashes in a fire mishap at Vupparapalem of Vinukonda mandal in Guntur on Sunday.
Short circuit is said to be the reason for the fire. Fire officials were pressed into service to douse the flames. Officials of the revenue department who rushed to the spot estimated losses around Rs 15 lakh.
The establishments that caught fire belonged to Bolijerla Koteswara Rao, B Bakkaiah, B Chinna Bakkaiah, Gumma Rajaiah, Kalangi Srinu, K Yedukondalu and K Kondaguravaiah.
Meanwhile, Vinukonda MLA GV Anjaneyulu assured the victims that government funds would be given to them after a report on the incident was submitted by the revenue department.