STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Attack on Jagan: War of words continues, YSRC reaches Delhi to meet President Kovind 

Referring to the petition filed by the YSRC in the High Court seeking CBI inquiry into the attack, he welcomed the YSRC for showing their faith in the CBI at least now. 

Published: 31st October 2018 07:53 AM  |   Last Updated: 31st October 2018 07:53 AM   |  A+A-

YS Jagan Mohan Reddy (Photo | PTI)

By Express News Service

VIJAYAWADA: Leaders of YSRC and TDP continue to trade charges and counter charges on the attack carried out against Leader of the Opposition YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam International Airport last week.

YSRC leaders, who met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday and are camping in Delhi to complain with President Ram Nath Kovind, alleged that they have lost confidence in the AP police inquiry as Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and the DGP were trying their best to dilute the case. 

Taking exception to the remarks of TDP MLC YVB Rajendra Prasad that the attack against the YSRC chief might have been carried out at the behest of his mother and sister, the YSRC leaders, including MP V Vijay Sai Reddy, former MPs YV Subba Reddy and others, wanted the Chief Minister to control his and TDP leaders’ tongues.

“We can say that the landmine attack against Naidu at Alipiri was carried out by his wife Bhuvaneswari. But we will never stoop down to such a level,” said YSRC MP Vijay Sai Reddy in New Delhi.

Condemning the attack on the YSRC chief, Deputy Chief Minister (Revenue) KE Krishna Murthy said, “The government has already appointed SIT to probe the incident and all the facts will come out soon. But the way the YSRC and the BJP have responded to the issue (seeking President’s rule in the State) give an impression that Reddy himself had planned the attack.” 

Referring to the petition filed by the YSRC in the High Court seeking CBI inquiry into the attack, he welcomed the YSRC for showing their faith in the CBI at least now. 

But before asking for a CBI inquiry, they should apologise to the people of the State as it was the CBI, which reported that Reddy allegedly looted Rs 44,000 crore from the State’s coffers, he said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp