STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

25 lakh Andhra teens to get Covid jabs in 5 days

The health department has kept 40 lakh doses of Covaxin ready to vaccinate 25 lakh teen beneficiaries in the State during the five-day drive, which will continue up to January 7.  

Published: 03rd January 2022 08:00 AM  |   Last Updated: 03rd January 2022 08:00 AM   |  A+A-

Covid Vaccine, Coronavirus

Image used for representational purpose. (File Photo | AFP)

By Express News Service

VIJAYAWADA: All arrangements are in place to administer Covid vaccine to teens in the age group of 15-18 in the State from Monday as part of a special vaccination drive. The health department has kept 40 lakh doses of Covaxin ready to vaccinate 25 lakh teen beneficiaries in the State during the five-day drive, which will continue up to January 7.  

As per the directions of Health Commissioner Katamaneni Bhaskar, ASHA workers and ANMs conducted a door-to-door survey on Saturday and Sunday to identify teen beneficiaries by taking village/ward secretariat as a unit.The list of teen beneficiaries to administer Covid vaccine has been prepared. A large number of ANMs have been deployed for the vaccination drive. 

All ward and village secretariat staff have been activated to ensure the success of the vaccination drive. About 20% of vaccination slots can be booked online, while the remaining 80% are walk-in slots. Covid protocol should be strictly adhered to during vaccination. Medical officers have been instructed to ensure that all the children in the age group of 15-18 are vaccinated during the special drive. In case, the teen beneficiaries are going to school or college, the timings of Covid Vaccination Centres will be extended to allot them evening slots for vaccination. 



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp