BANGALORE: Guidelines pertaining to regularisation of unauthorised buildings in urban areas under the Akrama-Sakrama scheme are ready and they would be submitted to the Karnataka High Court soon, said Urban Development Minister Vinay Kumar Sorake.
Sorake told reporters on Wednesday the government was committed to implementing the scheme according to the court’s directions.
Violations of up to 50 per cent in case of residential property and 25 per cent in case of commercial property would be regularised. Penalties have been fixed and it would be announced after consulting Chief Minister Siddaramaiah. The guidelines had been prepared only after taking permission from the Governor.
“The regularisation process may start in two months,” he added. Sorake said the government had set October 19, 2013 as the cut-off date for regularisation of unauthorised buildings in urban areas and any violations thereafter would not be spared.
Instructions would be given to departments concerned not to give power or water connections to such properties. Stern action would be taken against officials who violate the government order.
“It is not correct to blame officials for violations as politicians belonging to all parties are equally responsible,” he said.
Replying to a question, the Minister said the Chief Minister who held a meeting here on Tuesday, had given the green signal for the implementation of scheme, and another meeting would be convened soon to discuss the steps to be initiated to check violations in the future.
The existing rules would be implemented effectively to stop the construction of unauthorised buildings across the state. In fact, the cases of violations were high in Bangalore compared to other cities.
“We are yet to calculate the revenue to the exchequer from regularisation of unauthorised buildings,” he said but added that it could be around `32,000 crore.