HASSAN: A woman died and three others of a family are battling for their lives due to alleged food poisoning in Appihalli village of Belur taluk on Sunday evening. The deceased has been identified as Neelamma (50) while here husband Mulliah (61), son Ramesh and daughter-in-law Geeta are battling for their lives at Hassan Institute of Medical Science.
District health officer Dr Venkatesh visited the house and said the family members suffered stomach ache and vomiting for two hours after having chapati and chutney in their house. Learning the incident, the neighbours rushed to the house and shifted them to hospital in Belur from where doctor referred them to HIMS.
Neelamma died at 6 pm when she failed to respond to the treatment. Sources in HIMS said the condition of rest is critical and team of doctors are making efforts to save them.
Preliminary reports say that using of unhygienic vessels for boiling food and grinding chutney is said to be the reason for food poisoning. The health officials have collected blood and food samples and sent it to laboratory for testing.