BENGALURU:After the Apex Court directed the Centre to submit draft scheme for implementation of its order in the Cauvery inter-state river water dispute by May 3, pro-Kannada outfits have called off the state bandh on April 12 and decided to wait till the Central government makes its stand clear.
Meanwhile, the state government that had already conveyed its reservations about forming the management board is also waiting for the stand to be taken by the Centre. “Now, its between the Apex Court and the Centre. The state will wait till Centre submits the draft scheme,” said an official.
The bandh was called to urge the Centre not to form Cauvery Management Board as demanded by Tamil Nadu . “After the court’s direction to the centre, we are postponing the bandh,” said Vatal Nagaraj, leader of a pro-Kannada outfit.
On April 12, members of pro-Kannada outfits will protest outside Raj Bhavan demanding resignation of parliament members from the state as they are not doing anything to protect the state’s interests, Vatal said. Former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda is the only MP from the state, who has been speaking about the need to protect the state’s interest, he said.
No entry for Rajinikant and Kamal Haasan
Vatal said pro-Kannada outfits will not allow Tamil superstars Rajinikant and Kamal Haasan to enter the state and will also not allow screening of their films as they were part of the protest in Tamil Nadu demanding formation of the management board. “They are talking against Karnataka as they have entered politics,” he added.