Sachin Roy Mathew, 21, son of Roy Mathew, Aattumalil at Veeyapuram near Harippad, who died of food poisoning in Bengaluru, was buried at St George Orthodox Church, Erathodu, near here on Tuesday.
He had reportedly consumed a dish bought from an outlet in Vazhathakkadu in Thiruvananthapuram on the night of July 10 before boarding a Bangalore-bound bus. Sachin, who had reportedly complained of total uneasiness and diarrhoea after reaching Bangalore, was found dead in his room in Bangalore on July 13. The postmortem report confirmed that the death was due to food poisoning.
It was only a few days ago a case of food poisoning was reported from a hotel near the Women’s College in Vazhuthacaud, after which around 10 persons were admitted to the hospital. The hotel and a main outlet, reportedly situated at Vellayambalam under the same management were sealed on the orders of the Food and Safety Commissioner.
Sachin is survived by parents Roy Mathew and Cisy Mathew and sister Ankitha Elizebeth Mathew.