Following the strike call by the private bus operators seeking fare hike, Transport Minister Aryadan Mohammed on Wednesday held discussions with the operators and announced that a final decision will be taken before October 10.
The private bus operators, who had earlier called for a strike from September 24 midnight, later announced their decision to withdraw the strike call.
Aryadan said Justice Ramachandran Committee had been asked to submit a report after considering the demands of the private bus operators.
The report will be submitted this month. The minister said that before the talks with bus operators, a meeting was held with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and other ministers.
He pointed out that the state govt had already waived the tax of `1.14 on diesel price. The private bus operators demand that the minimum fare should be increased from `5 to `7.They also want the student’s concession to be half that of the minimum charge.