Couple and child found dead; toxic fridge gas suspected in Thiruvananthapuram
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A young couple and their four-year-old daughter were found dead at their residence here on Thursday. The police said the cause of death is suspected to be the toxic gas emitted after the refrigerator's compressor exploded.
The deceased were Anilraj, 40, wife Aruna, 35, and Alisha of Grace Cottage, Paruthivila. According to the police, the death occurred the previous night. The bodies were found by locals who were alerted by the milkman.
The neighbours said none of the family members were seen outside the house on Wednesday and Thursday morning. The police said the bodies of the woman and child were found on the bed while Anilraj's body was on the mat spread beside the cot. The couple were staff of Mar Baselios Engineering College here. Anilraj worked as workshop instructor in Basic Engineering Department and Aruna as assistant in the electronics lab. The couple were residing in a rented house. The police said the house had three small rooms and the refrigerator was kept in the main hall. The compressor was found exploded and its door remained open. A chair and some other furniture were thrown away in the impact of the explosion. The police said the cause of death would be ascertained after obtaining the post-mortem and forensic reports.