KOCHI: Actor Dileep, the 11th accused in the actress assault case, on Thursday submitted before the Kerala High Court he had been falsely implicated under a larger conspiracy by some powerful sections in the film industry which wanted to oust him from the industry. The conspirators had also decided to ensure he has no role in the industry, said the bail petition of the actor filed through senior lawyer B Raman Pillai and lawyer V B Sujesh Menon. The court will consider the plea on Friday.
The plea said the conspiracy was hatched by some powerful sections in the film industry and a few others who managed the police, media and political leaders to spread malicious stories about Dileep. This ultimately led to the actor getting implicated in the case three months after the final report was filed.
In the plea, Dileep said he had been arrested based on the confession of Pulsar Suni, the prime accused, who he had never seen, met or talked to. The plea said the police fabricated Suni’s confession to falsely implicate the actor.
The plea said the de facto complainant - the victim actress - had levelled no allegations against Dileep. It said the cops alleged the conspiracy was hatched in 2013. However, the nature of the crime committed clearly shows it was not a premeditated act since it would not require four years of planning, it said. Dileep’s meeting with Suni at four places on four occasions between the alleged planning and execution of the crime were accidental. Moreover, if Suni had any previous acquaintance with Dileep, he would have tried to contact him. It was beyond comprehension a person who undertook such ‘contract’ did not even have the actor’s phone number, the plea said. The investigating team fixed the location of the alleged conspiracy as room no 410 of Abad Plaza Hotel because the room might have been booked in Dileep’s name at the time. Suni was the driver of actor Mukesh and might have been present in the hotel’s car parking space. The investigtors found the actor and Suni were under one tower location on three occasions and used the data to concoct the story against him, it said.
At the time of arrest, Dileep was engaged in several projects, including Rama Leela, Kamara Sambhavam and Professor Dinkon and had accepted advance to act in a few other movies, too. The pending movies’ budget together exceeded `50 crore and Dileep’s continued detention will delay their shooting and release, negatively impact the lives of many people associated with the projects, the plea said.
Honey Bee-2 actress seeks to drop charges
Kochi: The young actress who lodged a complaint against Director Jean Paul Lal, actor Sreenath Bhasi and two others alleging her body double was used without her permission in the movie ‘Honey Bee 2’ expressed her intention to withdraw the case before the court on Thursday. Considering an anticipatory bail application by the accused, the actress gave a statement in the District Additional Sessions Court the issue had been settled amicably. Following this, the court directed her to file an affidavit in this regard. The police were also asked not to arrest the accused till August 16, when the court considers the petition again.