STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

KSFE to give subsidy for TVs at learning centres

With the new academic year launched online, the state government has come up with measures to ensure that all students get an opportunity to attend online classes.

Published: 02nd June 2020 06:47 AM  |   Last Updated: 02nd June 2020 06:47 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: With the new academic year launched online, the state government has come up with measures to ensure that all students get an opportunity to attend online classes. The government will launch neighbourhood learning centres for the same, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said on Monday.  The Kerala State Financial Enterprises (KSFE) will sponsor these neighbourhood learning centres with television sets.

The KSFE will provide 75 per cent of the money for buying the TV sets as subsidy. The funds for the same would be gathered from the employees’ contributions to the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund, said Pinarayi. The remaining 25 per cent and other expenditure in setting up the learning centres should be met by the local bodies or other sponsors.

The KSFE is also devising a scheme to buy laptops through Kudumbashree. Meanwhile, Online classes have started in the higher education sector too. Online classes will be taken by teachers, as per the academic calendar. There will be live classes also. The principals have been directed to find suitable facilities to provide online classes to students who don’t have these facilities.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp