Check Dams to Tide over Water Crisis

BERHAMPUR: To tide over water crisis while preserving rainwater, the Ganjam administration has decided to construct 36 check dams in Khallikote and Beguniapada blocks.    

Published: 23rd April 2012 08:11 AM  |   Last Updated: 16th May 2012 07:42 PM   |  A+A-

BERHAMPUR: To tide over water crisis while preserving rainwater, the Ganjam administration has decided to construct 36 check dams in Khallikote and Beguniapada blocks.

    The panchayats would undertake construction under MGNREGS. While ` 1 crore has been earmarked for Khallikote block,                                another ` 20 lakh would be spent in Beguniapada block.

Out of the total estimation, 20 per cent would be spent on wages of labourers and the rest 80 per cent on purchase of construction material, including cement and rods.

Clash over Liquor Outlet: Security personnel have been deployed in Bhabarada village under Polosara police limits following clash between two groups of villagers over a liquor outlet near Dhanei canal here on Saturday.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp