A man was electrocuted while another sustained critical injuries after they came in contact with 11 KV live overhead wire while laying roof of a toilet in a TRW School in Chanukmal village under Komna police limits on Monday morning.
The deceased is Debsingh Majhi (37) of Dumerjoar village under Khariar police limits and the injured Dhananjay Mallick (18) has been admitted to Mission Hospital at Khariar.
According to reports, seven labourers had been engaged to bind rods for laying of RCC roof when the labourers got electrocuted after coming in contact with an overhead 11 KV wire. While Majhi died on the spot, Mallick sustained critical injuries and his condition is stated to be critical. After the incident, locals blocked NH-353 demanding Government job to wife of the deceased and compensation of `20 lakh.