Four children of an anganwadi centre here were injured when hot water fell on them on Wednesday. The incident occurred when the cook, Alati Majhi, was cooking food in Jampara anganwadi centre at Titlagarh.
The injured kids are Tulsa Hati, Lipika Nag, Ghanashyam Nag and Naresh Nag, all aged four. They were playing near the hearth when one of the children accidentally hit the boiling water container on the stove. The hot water spilled on the four children.
While all the four were shifted to Kholan primary health centre and later Tulsa, Lipika and Naresh admitted to Titlagarh hospital after their condition deteriorated. Condition of Lipika is critical.
Deputy Collector Tarani Suna and CDPO Sarasi Panda visited the children and their parents at the hospital. Suna said all the medical expenses of the children will be borne by district administration. Apparently, the anganwadi centre does not have a building of its own and has been functioning from a rented house.
Action will be initiated against the erring anganwadi authorities, the Sub-Collector said.