STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Bus Catches Fire, None Injured

Published: 25th December 2014 05:56 AM  |   Last Updated: 25th December 2014 05:56 AM   |  A+A-

Bus

SAMBALPUR: Passengers of a Burla-bound bus had a narrow escape after it caught fire near Naxapali on the outskirts of Sambalpur City under Sadar police limits during wee hours on Wednesday. The bus was coming from Bhubaneswar. No one was injured in the incident. The fire which as per preliminary investigation, started due to a short circuit in the electric cable of the bus spread to the entire vehicle.

Sources said as the passengers had closed the windows of the bus due to cold, some of them were able to detect the smoke and informed the bus staff. But the staff initially ignored their complaint.

It was only after some passengers felt suffocated and tried to open the windows which had got jammed, the driver stopped the bus and all of them got down. Soon after, fire engulfed the bus.

By the time fire brigade personnel and police rushed to the spot the bus was charred. A case has been registered.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp