STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Father-son Duo Electrocuted

Published: 07th December 2015 03:07 AM  |   Last Updated: 07th December 2015 03:07 AM   |  A+A-

BHUBANESWAR: In a tragic incident, a father-son duo was electrocuted after coming in contact with a high tension line in Gayatri Vihar area under Chandrasekharpur area of the City on Sunday.

Sarat Chandra Bhatta and his son Jitendra were shifted to Capital Hospital where they were declared dead.

Sarat and Jitendra were working for a resident in Cooperative Society Colony in Gayatri Vihar. Police said Sarat was shifting an iron pipe on the roof of the three-storey house when it touched an overhead 11 KV line.

While the father suffered serious injuries after coming in contact with the electricity line, Jitendra came to his rescue and got electrocuted.

They were rushed to the Capital Hospital in a critical condition. The duo belonged to Nayagarh district. The bodies have been sent for postmortem and investigation is underway.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp