BHUBANESWAR: In a tragic incident, a father-son duo was electrocuted after coming in contact with a high tension line in Gayatri Vihar area under Chandrasekharpur area of the City on Sunday.
Sarat Chandra Bhatta and his son Jitendra were shifted to Capital Hospital where they were declared dead.
Sarat and Jitendra were working for a resident in Cooperative Society Colony in Gayatri Vihar. Police said Sarat was shifting an iron pipe on the roof of the three-storey house when it touched an overhead 11 KV line.
While the father suffered serious injuries after coming in contact with the electricity line, Jitendra came to his rescue and got electrocuted.
They were rushed to the Capital Hospital in a critical condition. The duo belonged to Nayagarh district. The bodies have been sent for postmortem and investigation is underway.