STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

National Health Panel Checks Health Services in Koraput DHH

A two-member of National Quality Assurance under National Health Mission visited the District Headquarters Hospital.

Published: 17th December 2015 06:23 AM  |   Last Updated: 17th December 2015 06:42 AM   |  A+A-

KORAPUT: A two-member of National Quality Assurance under National Health Mission visited the District Headquarters Hospital to check on the quality of health services being provided to patients.

The team members, Jagjit and MR Mohapatra, were accompanied by Additional District Medical Officer Bijaya Mohapatra. They checked the infrastructure of the hospital, healthcare services and presence of medical equipment in the hospital.

Apparently, the District Headquarters Hospital will be upgraded and attached to the medical college that is coming up in Koraput by 2017.

Foundation stone for the hospital was laid by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in September this year. Construction of the medical college has already started on a 50-acre land provided by the Sate Government. The college will be set up with funds from the Centre’s Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Surakhsa Yojana.

The Centre will provide 75 per cent of the project cost, while the State Government will bear the remaining 25 per cent.

Prior to opening of the college, the Health Department is trying to upgrade health facilities in the hospital.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp