Ready to face fresh case on 2G scam: Raja
Nilgiris MP and former Union Telecom Minister A Raja has said that he was ready to face even a fresh case in the alleged Rs 1.76-lakh crore loss to the exchequer in the allocation of 2G spectrum and would prove his innocence as there was no basis for the existing case.
The Nilgiris MP arrived in Ooty after a gap of 15 months on Sunday. He had been in jail in connection with the 2G spectrum scam. Addressing party cadre who gathered at the Devangar Marriage Hall at Charring Cross, Raja claimed that he would prove his innocence as the cases against him were all false. “Even if a fresh case claiming a loss to the tune of `1.76 lakh crore is filed against me again, I am ready to face it and will prove my innocence. I am prepared to meet people’s forum and explain to them about the rumours spread about me regarding the case.”
“Now the case is about why I allotted spectrum to only certain companies. The number of mobile phone users increased to 80 crore from 30 crore and even the call charges have come down because I performed well as telecom minister.”
Earlier, addressing cadre who welcomed him upon his arrival at Coimbatore, Raja said there was a “huge difference between the DMK and other parties in the country as the DMK continue its services to the people even when the party is not in power in the state.”