TIRUPUR: Police registered a case over the suspicious death of a dyeing unit worker here on Tuesday after his relatives lodged a complaint alleging that he died due to suffocation while cleaning the tank at the unit on Monday.
According to police, Chellapandi (35) of Kulathupalayam on Uttukuli near Tirupur was working as labour at a private dyeing unit here. Recently he was down with illness.
Meanwhile, in a complaint to the Tirupur North police, the victim’s uncle Krishnan alleged that Chellapandi, despite his illness, was asked to clean the dyeing machine tank in the unit recently. He also alleged that Chellapandi died due to suffocation after inhaling some poisonous gas from the tank.