Accidental fire injures 23-year-old

Published: 22nd April 2013 10:26 AM  |   Last Updated: 22nd April 2013 10:26 AM   |  A+A-

A 23-year-old woman was injured in an accidental fire when her husband was cleaning an air gun at her house in Pattavarthi village near Pappireddipatti on Sunday

According to police sources, Archana (23), wife of S Vediyappan (28) of Kukkalmalai village in Bommidi had come to visit her mother’s house in Pattavarthi village.

Her husband had brought an air gun, which he had got from his friend Govindan, with him to his in-law’s place. When he tried to load bullets into the air gun after cleaning, he hit the trigger accidentally. As a result a few bullets got fired and hit his wife.

Archana, who suffered injuries in the accidental fire, was rushed to the Harur GH for first aid and later shifted to Salem GH.

Based on Archana’s statement, A Pallipatti police registered a case against Vediyappan under sections 286, 338 of IPC and are investigating the matter.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp