Rat Poison Kills Girl by Accident

TIRUPUR: A 19-year-old girl, who had accidentally brushed her teeth using rat poison paste, succumbed after seven days of the incident at the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Thursday.

On the morning of July 25, Albin Susmitha (19), a resident of Sri Laksmi Nagar at Pichampalayam Pudur in Tirupur, had mistakenly brushed her teeth using rat poison paste, as both the tubes looked similar. 

After a few minutes, the girl, who was a tailor at a garment unit, complained of irritation in mouth and throat to her family members, before fainting.

The alarmed family members, on checking, found out that she had used rat poison in place of tooth paste and rushed her to the Tirupur Head Quarters Government Hospital, from where she was referred to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.

On Thursday night, Susmitha succumbed at the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.

Related Stories

No stories found.
The New Indian Express
www.newindianexpress.com