STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Godown Owner Arrested for Mishap

Published: 22nd August 2014 06:00 AM  |   Last Updated: 22nd August 2014 03:22 AM   |  A+A-

FIRE

TIRUVALLUR: Four labourers working in a plastic scrap godown were charred to death when piles of plastic caught fire from a lit mosquito coil kept nearby.

According to police, residents around the godown and passersby noticed fire and thick smoke billowing from the compound around 12 am and informed the police. Within 15 minutes, the first fire engine arrived from the Poonamallee fire station, and soon after, 18 fire engines and 70 fire personnel from stations in Thiruvallur and Chennai reached the spot. It took over three hours for the fire personnel to reach the second room, where they found almost completely charred bodies of the four workers.

A case has been registered based on the complaint filed by P Selvam, revenue inspector, Avadi, and the owner of the godown, S Immanuel, has been arrested. The bodies were sent to Government Kilpauk Hospital for post-mortem.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp