MADURAI: Three of the 10 inmates, who escaped from the Government Observation Home for Boys and Girls in Chennai, on Wednesday surrendered at a home in Madurai on Friday morning.
It has to be noted that the three out of the 10 boys, who fled the home in Chennai were transferred to the State capital from the Madurai home earlier this month, alleging bad and violent behaviour.
The boys apparently claimed they were displeased with the treatment at the Chennai home and they wanted to be in their hometown.
While three have surrendered at the Madurai home, the whereabouts of the fourth Madurai boy and the other six are not known yet.
The four boys were among the 10 who escaped from the Madurai home on December 1 and later surrendered.
Following a scuffle among the inmates, in which three had to be hospitalied, the judge at the Juvenile Justice Board here ordered their transfer.
The staff at the Madurai home, including the warden, said they were perplexed to see the boys in the morning, when they came to surrender before the Juvenile Justice Board, which is also located on the same campus.
According to him, while the judge initially refused to admit them back in the home, she acceded to it after consultations with their lawyers.
The reports on the Chennai incident said it was the four Madurai boys, who attacked the two wardens in their bid to flee, and the six others from Chennai, who escaped, exploited the situation.