Woman Poisons Husband to Death With Paramour’s Help

A 35-year-old woman on Thursday poisoned her husband to death, while her paramour surrendered before the court in Tirupattur in connection with the case.

Published: 28th June 2014 07:27 AM  |   Last Updated: 28th June 2014 07:27 AM   |  A+A-

VELLORE: A 35-year-old woman on Thursday poisoned her husband to death, while her paramour surrendered before the court in Tirupattur in connection with the case.

The murder plot of Amsa, mother of two children, and her paramour Tirupathy of Gunnathur to eliminate her husband Ramesh (45), a mason and resident of Mandalavadi village near Jolarpet, came to light when the nephew of the deceased, Sampath complained to the Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Meera Devi on June 23.

Sampath told the VAO that his uncle Ramesh was healthy and was working in Bangalore. But, he suddenly died on June 16. He suspected foul play in his death. Following his complaint, the VAO lodged a complaint with the Jolarpet police.

Acting on the complaint, the Jolarpet police registered a case of suspicious death and launched an inquiry. The body of Ramesh was exhumed on June 23 in the presence of Tahsildar of Tirupattur and the post-mortem was conducted. In the meantime, Amsa went into hiding fearing police arrest. The police officials’ suspicion grew stronger and they launched a search for her. Amsa, however, surrendered before Tahsildar and confessed to having murdered her husband with the help of the paramour. She was handed over to the police.

On interrogation, she told the police that she along with her children and Thirupathy went to Bangalore to meet her husband. On the way, she bought egg fried rice and mixed poison in it. She gave the poison- laced rice to Ramesh. After he consumed it, she persuaded him to come to village with them. After he became unconscious, Thirupathy and Amsa took him to their village. After reaching Tirupattur, Amsa staged a drama that her husband was suffering from stomach ache and had fallen sick and took him to Government Hospital at Tirupattur. Later, she took him to their house where he died, said the police quoting Amsa.

Fearing arrest, Thirupathy also surrendered before the court. A case was registered case against the two.

Stay up to date on all the latest Tamil Nadu news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp