A four-year-old girl who was admitted in JIPMER hospital, after she accidentally fell into a vessel of hot sambar near Rishivandhiyam on Monday, died on Tuesday.
According to sources Sathya (4), daughter of Singaravelu of L Kodalur village near Rishivandhiyam, went to a house at Pallawadi with her mother Sarasawathi to attend the funeral rites of a relative.
As Sarasawathi was busy with some work, Sathya was left alone in the area where food was being prepared. While she was playing, she accidentally fell into a huge vessel in which sambar was being cooked.
She suffered severe injuries and was rushed to the Kallakurichi hospital. Later, she was shifted to JIPMER in Puducherry. However, Sathya died early on Tuesday. Her body was handed over to her parents on after post-mortem.