STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

April Salary Pending for Mill Employees

Published: 13th May 2014 08:40 AM  |   Last Updated: 13th May 2014 08:40 AM   |  A+A-

Twelve employees of Swadeshi and Bharathi Textile Mills under the territorial administration are yet to get the salary for the month of April. Though salary is disbursed on 10th of every month, this month it went undisbursed to the 600 mill workers and around 75 other staff of the two mills.

Non-receipt of grants from the government is the reason for the non-disbursement, said S Bascarane, chairman of the mills. Though 75 per cent of the finance for the total salary of `1.25 crore per month is met from the mills’ own earnings, it requires the government grant to cover the remaining 25 per cent. The government has earmarked a grant of `1.3 Cr for six months but it is yet to be sanctioned, said Bascarane. However, he has assured that the grants would be released within this week and salary paid immediately.

More from Tamil Nadu.

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp