VELLORE: A 32-year-old construction worker as accidentally electrocuted, while fixing tiles on the floor of a house, in Katpadi on Sunday evening.
The deceased, identified as M Ravi, was a resident of Ammundi in Katpadi where he was living with his wife, Amala. Police said that he was fixing tiles on the floor of a house in Sivanantha Nagar when he touched a damaged electric wire on the floor and got electrocuted.
In another incident, a married woman, unable to come to terms with her alcoholic husband, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in Arcot.
The deceased, identified as M Keerthi, was married to Madhan of the locality eight years ago. Police said that the couple regularly fought over Madhan’s drinking habit.
On Sunday, dejected with the frequent quarrelling, Keerthi committed suicide by hanging herself.