Illegal high-voltage fence electrocutes elephant in Tamil Nadu
ERODE: A 10-year-old elephant died of electrocution when it came in contact with a high voltage fence at Sathyamangalam Forest Reserve in Kadambur in the district.
Forest Department sources said one Thangavelu had erected the high voltage fence illegally to prevent animals entering his farm.
The carcass was noticed by locals, who informed the police and Forest Department officials and later it was buried after post mortem. A case was registered against the accused, who is absconding, police said.