THANJAVUR: Two persons were electrocuted when a flex board to welcome Chief Minister K Palaniswami which they were fixing, came into contact with a live power cable at Ammapettai near here, police said today.
They said Maniarasan (26), Karnan (46) and Sathyaraj (22) were trying to position the board in the right direction when the frame came into contact with the electricity line.
Maniarasan and Karnan died on the spot, police said.
Sathyaraj, who sustained injuries, was admitted to Thanjavur medical college hospital for treatment.
The chief minister was in Tiruvarur yesterday to address a meeting to commemorate the centenary celebrations of AIADMK founder late M G Ramachandran.