STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Telangana Joint Action Committee: Kodandaram likely to float party by January end

Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) chairman M Kodandaram is likely to announce his proposed political party by the end of January.  Sources said that Kodandaram had completed the consultations

Published: 06th January 2018 02:03 AM  |   Last Updated: 06th January 2018 09:54 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

HYDERABAD:  Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) chairman M Kodandaram is likely to announce his proposed political party by the end of January.  Sources said that Kodandaram had completed the consultations process within the TJAC with regard to the name, shape and structure of the party. He even elicited the views of his well-wishers, friends, students’ union leaders and leaders of employees’ unions. During the consultations process, 90 per cent TJAC members backed his decision to float a political party, whereas the remaining 10 per cent cautioned him against taking political plunge.

Now, the TJAC chairman is learnt to have made up his mind to enter politics. “The former professor is of the view that if a political party is not floated, the government will not allow the TJAC leaders to undertake even minor protests on people’s issues. He strongly feels that even though the TJAC has no money and muscle power to compete with established political parties, launching a political outfit is the only solution to organise protests against government’s failures Hence, Kodandaram has decided to announce the new political party by the end of this month,” a senior member of the TJAC told Express.


The TJAC leader further recalled that earlier, Kodandaram was thinking of launching the political party either in coming February or March. But, as there are indications from Delhi that the Centre might hold simultaneous polls to both the LS and the state Assemblies in September or October this year, he decided to announce the party this month, he said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp