Ramagundam Fertilisers and Chemicals gets nod to operate, assures it'll follow norms

The company informed the board that 80 per cent of RFCL operations don't cause any pollution and they were working to ensure that the remaining 20 per cent process is also rectified.

Published: 31st May 2022 04:01 AM  |   Last Updated: 31st May 2022 04:01 AM   |  A+A-

Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited in Peddapalli

Ramagundam Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited in Peddapalli

By Express News Service

PEDDAPALLI: A day after ordering Ramagundam Fertilisers and Chemicals Limited (RFCL) to stop production for violating environmental guidelines, the Telangana Pollution Control Board gave RFCL the nod to operate at full capacity. 

RFCL office-bearers who met TSPCB authorities in Hyderabad on Monday were told to rectify operations in some areas pointed out by the PCB. The company informed the board that 80 per cent of RFCL operations don't cause any pollution and they were working to ensure that the remaining 20 per cent process is also rectified.

The Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers was appraised about the situation. Over the past two days, the unit has been operating at only 25 per cent of its capacity.  

On Sunday, the pesticide plant produced 50 per cent of its total capacity of 2,200 tonne ammonia and 3,850 tonnes of urea. The plant uses natural gas as raw material. Notably, the State government owns 11 per cent shares in RFCL.

Ammonia & Urea

On Sunday, the pesticide plant produced 50 per cent of its total capacity - 2,200 tonnes ammonia and 3,850 tonnes of urea. The plant uses natural gas as raw material. The State government owns 11 per cent of shares in the RFCL.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp