Education Minister BC Nagesh said that they have issued notice to Clarence High School in Bengaluru for insisting on carrying/studying Bible as part of the curriculum.
After the hijab controversy, educational institutions and the education department are under fire again.
Cops mull slapping case of negligence against Bishop Cotton Girls’ School; Five teams to investigate the case
Easy to trace mail, says minister; Could be a prank by student unprepared for exam
As many as 13 private schools in and around the city received emails threatening that explosives have been planted on the school premises, on Friday.
The short essay titled 'Puttu breaks relationships' by Jais Joseph Soji, who studies at a Bengaluru school, has since gone viral on social media
After being shut for three days, schools in the city resumed classes for Grades 9 and 10 on Monday to relative peace.
Karnataka has witnessed several demonstrations in the last week over the issue, which had forced the state government to declare a holiday for high schools and colleges till Friday
Minister Nagesh had earlier said that he would push for schools to be reopened as the impact of the third wave on children was low, with little to no hospitalisations required
K Thanalakshmi is yet to get even a single month’s salary at the Tagore Memorial High School in Yeshwanthpur.
The National Coalition on the Education Emergency feels that closure of schools will have catastrophic consequences on children.
A Dhananjayan, president, Karnataka Tamil School and College Teachers Association, who is running from pillar to post to help her, charges that palms have to be greased in the education department
Schools in other districts will be open. In case of a single reported case, the school will be shut down for three days.
However, this only extends to schools in Bengaluru and Bengaluru Rural districts, due to the increase in cases. Minister BC Nagesh advised other districts not to close their schools.
Karnataka government issues missive on school closure in Bengaluru; rural schools fear state-wide implementation
The state government has declared that offline classes for all students in Bengaluru city except classes 10, 11 and 12, medical and paramedical, will stop from January 6 to 19 or until further notice