Char Dham

Uttarakhand: Chardham Yatra likely from September 18 keeping Covid SOPs in mind

According to the SOP, the number of daily pilgrims is capped at 1,000 in Kedarnath, 800 in Badrinath, 600 in Gangotri and 400 in Yamunotri.

published on : 18th September 2021

Uttarakhand withdraws Supreme Court petition on Char Dham Yatra

Earlier this week, advocate general made an oral request to the bench of the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court to allow Char Dham Yatra. 

published on : 10th September 2021

Uttarakhand High Court extends stay on Char Dham Yatra till August 18

The court directed the government to implement laws regarding littering and spitting strictly.

published on : 29th July 2021

Dehradun diary: Uttarakhand govt to not broadcast Char Dham ritual and more

The Uttarakhand government has decided not to broadcast rituals from the Char Dham shrines.

published on : 25th July 2021

Rs 200 crore package to help those affected by cancellation of Char Dham Yatra: CM Pushkar Singh Dhami

“This pandemic has affected people associated with Char Dham Yatra and other touristic activities adversely.

published on : 22nd July 2021

Char Dham Yatra draws smaller crowd, hence pushed for it: Uttarakhand

Our honorable CM has made a bold decision,” said Ravinath Raman, chief executive officer of Char Dham Devsthanam Board who is also the commissioner for Garhwal division of Uttarakhand. 

published on : 15th July 2021

Uttarakhand CM Dhami calls on PM Modi, seeks directions on third wave and Char Dham Yatra

Uttarakhand on Thursday decided to review its decision to stop all Kanwad yatra devotees from entering the state this year.

published on : 10th July 2021

Dehradun diary: Char Dham Yatra matter headed for Supreme Court

The Uttarakhand state health department has issued notices to 13 hospitals in the after reporting 218 backlog deaths.

published on : 3rd July 2021

HC stays Char Dham Yatra, but Uttarakhand government order says otherwise

Earlier, in the day, the Uttarakhand HC stayed the decision of the state Cabinet to allow the yatra from July 1 and allowed live streaming of rituals for pilgrims.

published on : 29th June 2021

Char Dham Yatra decision impractical: Uttarakhand High Court

The bench took note of the prevailing Covid situation and the vaccination data of Rudraprayag, Chamoli and Uttarakashi.

published on : 27th June 2021

Uttarakhand allows Char Dham Yatra from July 1, only local pilgrims can attend

On June 16, Uttarakhand High Court had remarked that the Char Dham Yatra will not be allowed until the court is convinced about Covid 19 safety.

published on : 20th June 2021

Won't allow Char Dham Yatra till we are convinced about safety from Covid: Uttarakhand HC

"Last minute decisions do more harm than good. Kumbh could not be managed due to last minute decision and situation spiralled out of control," observed the bench. 

published on : 16th June 2021

Kedarnath priests continue sit-in protest to disband Devasthanam Board

In their opposition against the Devasthanam Board, the priests said that their rights are being played due to the formation of this board.

published on : 13th June 2021

Former Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat urges incumbent to re-open Char Dham Yatra

The former CM also urged the CM to start adventure tourism and ensure vaccination of people associated with the sector among other suggestions.

published on : 6th June 2021

Uttarakhand: Char Dham yatra to resume depending on Covid situation

In comparison to year 2019 when more than 38 lakh pilgrims visited the Char Dham of Uttarakhand, numbers came down to 4.2 lakh in 2020.

published on : 1st June 2021
1 2 >