Nobody was reported injured in the blaze that erupted around 9 pm, chief of the Regional Disaster Management Cell of the Thane Municipal Corporation said.
A fire broke out at a home decor and pet store, Ghar Sansar, in Governorpet, Vijayawada late on Sunday night.
The Taiwanese leader also visited hospitals where dozens of people who were injured in the blaze were receiving medical treatment.
A person was burnt alive, after the house caught fire due to a short circuit.
The Uppinangady police personnel, who visited the spot, are suspecting that the fire might be an attempt to provoke communal clashes in the region.
Firefighters rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after a three-hour-long operation
Sources said some staff of the blood bank noticed smoke coming out of the second floor and informed the fire brigade which rushed to the spot.
Many major hosps haven’t done fire auditing, risk factor increases with wide use of O2 support and machinery in ICUs
Fire officers involved in the fire fighting operations said that it took them nearly about 10 hours to bring the situation under control.
Fire broke out in one of the stores located in the cellar of the shopping complex in the Asthana Mandapam and spread to others quickly. Atleast eight shops were completely gutted in the mishap.
While the mechanic was attending to the fault, the gas leakage caused a fire and an explosion in the house, the official said.
The fire was triggered during a demonstration when a tiny spark of fire flew into the shop, police sources said.
As many as 30 vehicles, both four-wheeler and two-wheelers, which were parked on the premises, completely gutted in the fire.
The blaze has been brought under control, Delhi Fire Service officials said, adding that no one was injured in the incident.
Minister of State for Urban Development Ranjit Patil said in the state Assembly that a total of 49,391 fire mishaps were reported in the megapolis between 2008 and 2018.