On Tuesday, 13 workers reported diarrhoea and other health issues and were admitted in Government Krishnagiri MCH.
Collector Dr S Uma said More than 200 people had consumed food at the restaurant on Friday and Saturday. 43 people, including five children and a pregnant woman, have been found to be infected.
Sources said after having dinner on Sunday night, the family went to bed. When they didn’t open the door of their house on Monday morning, neighbours became suspicious and peeped through the window.
After returning to the hostel, the students complained of vomiting, dizziness, and diarrhoea and were taken to the hospital. A complaint was registered with the Namakkal food Safety Officer.
During the proceedings, counsel Chikkudu Prabhakar, appearing for the petitioner, requested the court to consider the IA during the lunch motion session.
A new, simple and rapid food testing method allows accurate results to be obtained within just an hour, as against two days
The research has found that E. coli can generate electricity from wastewater, which opens avenues to the double benefits of utilising wastewater to generate electricity.
While 103 students did not respond to treatment, they were rushed to the GGH in ambulances where their health condition was stabilised.
"We suspect it to be a case of food poisoning as the students took ill after consumption of food served to them at the hostel", said the health officer.
Senior officers from the camp shifted 42 trainees to Crawford General Hospital at Sakleshpur. Sources in the hospital said 21 trainees are under treatment and the rest have recovered.