Gujarat HC

Morbi bridge collapse: Gujarat HC asks Oreva group to pay Rs 10 lakh compensation to each victim

In such tragedies, a private party must pay 55% of the compensation out of its own pocket, and the remaining 45% be paid by state funds, the HC ordered. 

published on : 22nd February 2023

Morbi bridge tragedy: Gujarat HC takes suo motu cognisance, orders status report

The court sought a report from the state on the entire incident within ten days and fixed the matter for further hearing on November 14.

published on : 7th November 2022

2002 Gujarat riots: SC grants interim bail to Teesta Setalvad, asks to surrender her passport

The Supreme court noted that the relief was granted as it was a peculiar case and that she happens to be a lady. 

published on : 2nd September 2022

SC to regain full strength, collegium for elevation of Gauhati HC CJ, Justice Pardiwala of Gujarat HC

Justice Pardiwala would go on to become the CJI for over two years if the recommendation is accepted by the Centre.

published on : 5th May 2022

Rape convict Narayan Sai booked on Gujarat HC directive for producing fake documents to get bail

Narayan Sai, son of jailed godman Asaram, is currently lodged in a Surat jail for repeatedly sexually assaulting a woman at his father's ashram between 2002 and 2005.

published on : 8th April 2022

2008 serial blast case: Gujarat HC issues notices to 38 convicts for confirmation of death sentence under CrPC

As per section 366 of the CrPC, a death sentence is not executed unless it is confirmed by a High Court in case the sentence is awarded by a sessions court.

published on : 9th March 2022

PM Narendra Modi's hometown residents move Gujarat HC against land acquisition for project

The affected families have lived there for the last 50 years and the proposed buffer zone is not such a project that will require land acquisition without an SIA, the counsel maintained.

published on : 7th March 2022

Gujarat HC notice to Jay Shah on Wire's plea challenging lower court's gag order

Its readers have the right to know, said the petition, while maintaining that there was nothing defamatory in its article about Jay Shah's firm.

published on : 3rd November 2017