Kochi airpor

Kochi airport sees robust growth in passenger movement in the 2021 calendar

However, when compared to the pre-Covid time passenger movement at the airport, the numbers show that the air passenger movement is yet to revive.

published on : 7th January 2022

Kochi airport ranks third in international passenger flow, 2 lakh fiers in Oct

Airport now handles around 6,000 passengers per day in departures alone

published on : 2nd December 2021

Omicron threat: Kochi airport raises testing capacity to 700 an hour

As concerns grow over the new coronavirus variant, Omicron, the Kochi airport has scaled up its Covid testing facilities for inbound international passengers, enabling 700 tests an hour.

published on : 2nd December 2021

Kochi airport to have new shareholder — Tatas

The Kochi airport, India’s first airport built on a public-private partnership, will soon have a new stakeholder — the Tatas, the country’s biggest conglomerate.

published on : 2nd December 2021

Singapore Airlines to resume services from Kochi airport

CIAL managing director S Suhas said the chairman and the board of directors have taken proactive steps to re-establish air connectivity to Kochi from all international travel hubs.

published on : 29th November 2021

5kg gold seized at Kochi airport, seven arrested

In a major haul, the air intelligence unit and customs team seized 5.064kg of gold from seven passengers, including a woman, at the Kochi airport.

published on : 1st November 2021

Kochi airport’s winter schedule for domestic sector to begin on October 31

There will be 14 daily departures to Bengaluru, New Delhi and Chennai, which will be connected by six daily flights each, whereas Hyderabad and Mumbai will have seven daily flights each.

published on : 31st October 2021

Cocaine seized from 2 Nigerians in Kochi

The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence seized around 530 grams of cocaine from two Nigerian women on Friday, Oct 15.

published on : 18th October 2021

Kochi airport aims 60% revenue from non-aero streams

Before the pandemic struck, 70% of the airport’s revenue used to come from aeronautical operations and the remaining 30% from non-aero earnings.

published on : 14th October 2021

Two flights, bound for Kannur and Mangalore, rerouted to Kochi airport due to unfavourable weather

The planes to Mangalore and Kannur took off at 11:15 am and 12:44 pm respectively as the weather became clear and the airlines received orders from the authorities to depart, an official said.

published on : 26th September 2021

New-age tech to woo fliers at Kochi airport

The project ‘Hrudayapoorvam CIAL’ envisaged by Cochin International Airport Ltd(CIAL), will focus on passenger engagement as part of observing World Heart Day on September 29.

published on : 24th September 2021

Kochi airport sees 14% surge in traffic from August

With Gulf countries lifting the ban on flights from India, Kochi airport is witnessing a steady rise in the number of flyers after a lull in the last 12 months.

published on : 16th September 2021

NCB in shock after court acquits'big catch' El Salvador citizen

He was nabbed for smuggling in 2kg of cocaine from Kochi airport based on an intelligence input in 2018.

published on : 1st September 2021

Air India cancels flight to London from Kochi due to 'technical issues'

Flight with 182 passengers will now depart Monday.

published on : 22nd August 2021

CIAL changes with times, eyes a bright future

Bucking the trend in the time of Covid, Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) is scripting a new chapter of growth.

published on : 13th August 2021
1 2 >