Ousmane Dembele

Dembele signs new contract with Barcelona through 2024

Dembélé, now 25, joined Barcelona in 2017 on a then club-record transfer from Borussia Dortmund that with variables was set to reach 147 million euros.

published on : 14th July 2022

Ousmane Dembele returns for Barca after contract stand-off

Xavi Hernandez has opted to stick with the talented 24-year-old despite reinforcements -- Adama Traoré, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ferran Torres -- signed in the winter transfer window.

published on : 5th February 2022

Barcelona president says Ousmane Dembele rejected two offers to leave

Barcelona president Joan Laporta said on Tuesday the deal to sign Aubameyang was sealed a minute before the transfer window deadline ended on Monday night.

published on : 2nd February 2022

Barcelona completing Aubameyang deal, no move for Dembélé

Aubameyang arrived in the Catalan city earlier in the day to finalize negotiations with Barcelona after being stripped of the captaincy at Arsenal for disciplinary reasons.

published on : 1st February 2022

Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele out injured again in first match since returning from a five-month absence

Dembele suffered a thigh injury in Barca's 1-0 win away at Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League on Tuesday.

published on : 4th November 2021

Barcelona visits Celta with club pressing to sign Xavi

Against Celta, Barcelona will likely be without injured defender Gerard Pique, but the club's coach Sergi Barjuan will be able to count on recovered winger Ousmane Dembelé.

published on : 4th November 2021

Barcelona's 'fabulous four' to take on Atletico Madrid at home

Coutinho, who arrived from Liverpool in January, and Dembele, whose debut season in Spain has been thwarted by fitness problems, are the new additions.

published on : 27th February 2018

Borussia Dortmund brand Ousmane Dembele bonus story 'fake news'

Spanish sports daily Marca claim Dortmund can write off at least a quarter of the expected bonus due to Dembele's injury.

published on : 19th September 2017

Barcelona lower Ousmane Dembele recovery time after operation

Barcelona hope record signing Dembele could be back in action in three and a half months after successful surgery.

published on : 19th September 2017

Without Dembele, Barcelona again looking to mend its attack

Just when Ousmane Dembele was getting used to his role as Neymar's replacement, the young forward was struck by a thigh injury that will keep him sidelined for up to four months.

published on : 19th September 2017

Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele out for up to four months due to hamstring injury

Barcelona's record signing Ousmane Dembele will be out of action for up to four months due to a hamstring injury he suffered at Getafe.

published on : 17th September 2017

Battle for control of Barcelona overshadows Juventus reunion

For all Barcelona's off-field problems, on the pitch they can still rely on Lionel Messi to iron out most difficulties.

published on : 11th September 2017

Ousmane Dembele settled ahead of Barcelona debut, says Ernesto Valverde

The Catalan giants splashed out on Demeble to fill the gap left by Neymar's world record 222 million-euro move to PSG.

published on : 9th September 2017

Ousmane Dembele gets first chance to prove his worth at Barcelona

The 20-year-old France striker, signed by Barcelona to replace Neymar is expected to make his debut in the Catalan derby against Espanyol this weekend.

published on : 8th September 2017

Ousmane Dembele to sign five-year deal with Barcelona 

Dembele brought an end to protracted transfer talks by agreeing a five-year deal with Barcelona worth 105 million euros.

published on : 25th August 2017

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke says Barcelona manipulated Ousmane Dembele

Reports claim the Germans want 130 million euros for the player they paid Rennes 15m euros for last year.

published on : 20th August 2017

Borussia Dortmund maintain Ousmane Dembele suspension for skipping training

Dembele was suspended the same day when Dortmund announced they had rejected Barca's opening offer for the France international.

published on : 13th August 2017

Borussia Dortmund suspends forward Ousmane Dembele for missing training

Borussia Dortmund suspended Ousmane Dembele after he missed training without permission as he wants to force a transfer to FC Barcelona.

published on : 11th August 2017

Borussia Dortmund rejects Barcelona's bid for Ousmane Dembele

Borussia Dortmund have rejected an "unacceptable" offer from Barcelona for 20-year-old winger Ousmane Dembele, the Bundesliga club said on Thursday.

published on : 10th August 2017