Spoilt Shawarma

What is Shigella? Killer bacteria that took life of schoolgirl who ate spoilt shawarma

Kasaragod district medical officer said that Devananda, who fell sick and died after having shawarma, was killed by shigella infection. The heart and brain of the teenager were infected by the Shigella bacteria. #ShigellaInfection or shigellosis is an intestinal infection caused by the shigella family of bacteria.

published on : 5th May 2022

Kerala: Schoolgirl dies after having rotten shawarma from snacks bar, 52 others fall sick

In a case of suspected food poisoning, a 16-year-old schoolgirl died in Kerala's Kasaragod district. The deceased and 52 others who fell sick had eaten rotten #Shawarma from a snack bar at Cheruvathur. The deceased has been identified as Devananda. Meanwhile, An angry mob threw stones at the snacks bar and shattered its window panes.

published on : 2nd May 2022