Ninety inmates of a hostel in Sonale in Thane district were brought out safely on Monday evening after a fire broke.
Two fire engines and a jumbo water tanker were rushed to the spot in Amane village, around 20 kms away from Bhiwandi.
The fire broke out around 1.45 am in the power meter box room located on the ground floor of the residential building in Kalwa area.
Four shops, including a mini supermarket, a stationery store and a boutique, were completely destroyed in the blaze.
A fire broke out in a hall used to hold spiritual discoursesin Maharashtra's Thane city on Wednesday, a civic official said.
At least eight shanties were gutted in a major fire that broke out in a slum at Bhiwandi in Maharashtra's Thane district.
The blaze erupted around 9 pm on Sunday at the private hospital in Ulhasnagar township, located around 25 km from the district headquarters, due to a short-circuit in an air- conditioning unit.
Two fire engines, two quick response vehicles and two water tankers are present at the spot.
A fire broke out in a sweet shop in Maharashtra's Thane district in the wee hours of Wednesday, an official said.
The fire broke out in the complex around 6 am, said Santosh Kadam, chief of the Thane Municipal Corporation's Regional Disaster Management Cell.
The ground-plus-one-storey office building of the Raymond Company is located on Pokhran Road No.1 in the city.