University Grants Commission

‘Induct ad-hoc staff’: Delhi University Teachers’ Association stages protest at V-C office

The Delhi University Teachers’ Association on Friday staged a demonstration outside the vice chancellor’s office demanding absorption of ad-hoc teachers. 

published on : 25th June 2022

Delhi University writes to colleges to stop caste-based discrimination on campus

The varsity's assistant registrar on May 25 wrote to colleges attaching several letters from the UGC on the prevention of caste-based discrimination in higher education.

published on : 9th June 2022

Recruitment of assistant profs on hold 

Similarly, interviews for the posts of assistant professor (physics) which was scheduled from June 4 have been put on hold.

published on : 28th May 2022

UGC throws SC spanner in teacher appointments

The UGC Secretary further said in the letters that the Supreme Court directive is also applicable to any recruitment that commenced prior to the stay order on May 20.

published on : 27th May 2022

'Research Internship' draft guidelines prepared by UGC, envisages two types of internship

Competencies to be developed during internship, duration and slots of internship, exposure to a real-world work environment, quality assurance and caring for research intern.

published on : 11th May 2022

UGC gets notice after Annamalai University's plea against its claim on distance education

It said in the petition that the impugned notice is spoiling the reputation of the university's name and creating fear among students pursuing open and distance education courses.

published on : 11th May 2022

UGC seeks report from Sharda University on 'objectionable' question about similarities between Hindutva, fascism

The higher education regulator has asked the Greater Noida-based private university to explain in the detailed action-taken report the steps taken by it.

published on : 10th May 2022

Many higher education institutes in Odisha struggle for NAAC accreditation

As per the new evaluation system, NAAC will record 70 per cent data of universities and colleges online and the remaining 30 per cent through peer team (assessors) visits.

published on : 10th May 2022

Private University under lens for ‘objectionable’ question

The university said the committee will look into the possibility of bias in the questions.

published on : 10th May 2022

CUET is a double-edged sword

The move has most certainly been compelled by the many anomalies and concerns that had crept into the way college admissions were happening in many parts of India.

published on : 8th May 2022

UGC’s A La Carte Buffet

Do we have enough or should we create many institutions is the key question searching for answers.

published on : 24th April 2022

UGC's two degree decision and social justice

There is no doubt that with the implementation of the new system, students will face pressure, both direct and indirect, to enrol for two degrees.

published on : 21st April 2022

FIR lodged after University Grants Commission's Twitter handle hacked

According to the FIR copy accessed, the UGC's Twitter handle was hacked on April 10 at approximately 1.30 a.m. in the night.

published on : 15th April 2022

UGC notifies guidelines for pursuing two academic programmes simultaneously

The commission has decided to allow students to pursue two full-time and same-level degree programmes in physical mode simultaneously either at the same university or from different universities.

published on : 14th April 2022

Jamia meet to discuss UGC’s common exam order

One of the senior officials said that if the UGC will not accept the academic council’s concerns, then varsity will accept the policy.

published on : 10th April 2022
1 2 3 >