insurance scheme

9.48 lakh Andhra farmers to get Rs 1,252 cr crop insurance claims for Kharif 2019

The stage is set for the payment of crop insurance claims to the farmers for Kharif 2019 under the Free Crop Insurance Scheme on Tuesday. 

published on : 15th December 2020

ESIC extends coverage of health insurance scheme to Arunachal Pradesh

A notification to this effect has been issued by the Central Government for notifying the district of Papum Pare, under ESI Scheme.

published on : 23rd October 2020

Free Crop Insurance a big boon to farmers in Andhra Pradesh

No. of farmers enrolled for scheme went up from 16.7 lakh in 2018 to 25.7 lakh in 2019; it is expected to increase further.

published on : 12th October 2020

Insurance scheme for frontline COVID-19 health workers: Govt says payment made in 95 cases

The Rs 50-lakh insurance cover 'Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19' was announced on March 30 for a period of 90 days.

published on : 6th October 2020

Nurses dealing with non-COVID-19 patients cannot be covered under Centre's insurance scheme: Delhi HC

The plea had also sought setting up of a helpline on which the nurses can raise their grievances or lodge a complaint with the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).

published on : 25th July 2020

Punjab government's cashless health insurance scheme 'Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojna' comes to citizens' rescue

Lakhs of people who couldn’t afford expensive treatments can now get them done from private hospitals without any hassles, thanks to Punjab govt’s cashless health scheme.

published on : 31st May 2020

Tamil Nadu farmers decry cut in crop insurance premium subsidy

Small and marginal farmers who avail loan from banks would be thinking their crop would be automatically insured and would fail to pay premium.  

published on : 21st February 2020

Government makes crop insurance schemes voluntary for farmers

Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said that currently 58 per cent of total farmers are loanee and the remaining 42 per cent are non-loanee.

published on : 19th February 2020

India to get world's largest health insurance scheme, many call it 'ModiCare'

The government's new National Health Protection Scheme, under Ayushman Bharat plan, will cover 10 crore poor and vulnerable families.

published on : 1st February 2018

Farmer gets Rs 4 as compensation for lost crops under Prime Minister's scheme

Farmers who paid large sums as insurance premiums ended up receiving a paltry amount as compensation.

published on : 20th September 2017