Kerala: Schoolgirl dies after having rotten shawarma from snacks bar, 52 others fall sick

Published: 02nd May 2022 07:46 PM  |   Last Updated: 03rd May 2022 04:45 PM  

In a case of suspected food poisoning, a 16-year-old schoolgirl died in Kerala's Kasaragod district. The deceased and 52 others who fell sick had eaten rotten #Shawarma from a snack bar at Cheruvathur. The deceased has been identified as Devananda. Meanwhile, An angry mob threw stones at the snacks bar and shattered its window panes.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp