STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Room of pot goes up in smoke in fire at home on High Street

A roomful of marijuana has gone up in smoke during a fire at a house on High Street in a New York town.

Published: 09th June 2016 11:05 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th June 2016 11:36 AM   |  A+A-

By AP

WALWORTH, N.Y.: A roomful of marijuana has gone up in smoke during a fire at a house on High Street in a New York town.

The Wayne County sheriff's office says firefighters were called to the house in Walworth shortly after 5 a.m. Tuesday. They found smoke coming from a locked office upstairs.

Once the fire was out, investigators found 40 to 50 potted marijuana plants under grow lights in the room. The sheriff's office says the fire is believed to have been sparked by an electrical malfunction.

Firefighters contained the blaze to that room and the roof. None of the four residents were hurt.

A man who lives there was charged with a misdemeanor count of unlawful growing of marijuana and released on a court appearance ticket.

Stay up to date on all the latest World news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp