Nepali teen electrocuted to death while playing game on mobile phone

A 15-year-old resident of Morang district in eastern Nepal, died as he received multiple electric shocks while using the cell phone that was connected to a power socket.

Published: 01st August 2019 06:45 PM  |   Last Updated: 01st August 2019 06:46 PM   |  A+A-

death, murder,suicide, die, dead

Image used for representational purpose only


KATHMANDU: A Nepali teenager was electrocuted while playing a game on his cell phone that was connected to a power socket to recharge its battery, police said on Thursday.

Saujan Rai, 15, a resident of Trishulchowk in Morang district of eastern Nepal, died as he received multiple electric shocks, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Raj Kumar Khai.

The incident occurred on late Wednesday when Rai was staying at his friend's house, the officer said.

As Rai received the electric shocks, his friend called the victim's parents and switched off the power connection.

The teenager died before the police could reach the accident site.

Follow The New Indian Express channel on WhatsApp


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp