Can’t hand over CCTV footage of police station due to glitch: Siddipet Police

Alleged reluctance to hand over footage aids rumours that SI killed himself due to harassment of higher-ups

Published: 18th June 2017 06:10 AM  |   Last Updated: 18th June 2017 06:10 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

SIDDIPET: The mystery shrouding the death of Kukunoorpally police station sub-inspector (SI) P Prabhakar Reddy appears to have deepened further. Siddipet police claimed that the video footage of the CCTVs installed in the premises of their police station could not be retrieved due to ‘technical glitches.’
According to sources, the Hyderabad city police, who are investigating the suspicious death of beautician Sirisha have gone through the call data records of all those involved in the case and established some technical evidence.

To establish the facts further, the Hyderabad police have been insisting that the CCTV footage be handed over to them.Sources said that the Kukunoorpally police have been citing some technical problems in retrieving the footage and has been dilly-dallying on the issue.

Later, technical experts from Siddipet town were also sent to the police station to retrieve the video footage. However, they too can not get the ‘technical glitch’ corrected and get the issue sorted out. It was learnt that the police there even said that they could not even remove the hard disk.

Hyd cops dispatch team
Sources said that the Hyderabad City Police commissioner M Mahender Reddy was keen on getting the CCTV footage as it would act as a key evidence in Sirisha’s suicide case. They had even sent a team of experts to Kukunoorpally police station.The team on Saturday, brought the hard disk from the computer with the footage and is making efforts to retrieve the same.

Meanwhile, the alleged reluctance of the Siddipet police to hand over the CCTV footage is raising eyebrows as there are allegations that the Sub-Inspector committed suicide unable to bear the harassment of the higher officials.

Meanwhile, the Siddipet district police have registered a case of abetment of suicide against the Siddipet Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Giridhar in relation to the alleged suicide of Prabhakar Reddy following a complaint by the family members of the SI that he had been under pressure from his higher-ups.

Rajiv, Sravan remanded for 14 days
Hyderabad :
Accused in the beautician Sirisha’s death case- Vallabhaneni Rajiv and his friend Sravan Kumar, were sent to 14-day judicial remand. The Banjara Hills police produced Rajiv and Sravan before the third Metropolitan Magistrate at Nampally court here on Saturday.

Cases were already booked against them under Sections 306 read with 109 of the IPC, which says that they provoked the victims to commit suicide. The court remanded the accused for 14-day judicial remand. It is being alleged that the love story of Rajiv with a beautician and another woman have led to the suicide Sirisha and Kuknoorpally sub-inspector P Prabhakar Reddy. 

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.