THANE: In a tragic incident, an 18-month-old girl died after she accidentally fell into a cauldron containing hot chutney in her house in Shastri Nagar area in Ambernath today, police said.
The toddler's father sells idlis and had prepared tomato chutney, they said.
The incident occurred in the early hours today when the girl, identified as Tanushka, fell into the cauldron, an official said.
She was rushed to hospital in Ulhas Nagar where she succumbed to her burn injuries.
It is not yet clear how she reached near the cauldron in the early hours, he said.