Pushkar films buys a stake in kirik party

The makers have planned for a Christmas release

Published: 28th November 2016 10:27 PM  |   Last Updated: 29th November 2016 08:00 AM   |  A+A-

Express News Service

The creatively produced teaser and trailer have worked well for the makers of Kirik Party, not just with the cinegoers but with investors too. The film made under Paramvah Studios got a financial shot-in-the-arm with producer Pushkar Mallikarjun of Pushkar Films buying a stake in the film.

Pushkar has purchased a 30 per cent stake for ` 4 crore while the remaining 70 per cent will remain with Paramvah Studios, owned by Rakshit Shetty.

A still from Kirik Party

Pushkar confirms the news and says that he considered investing in the film after watching it and realising that it is going to be a blockbuster hit. “I associated with Rakshit Shetty for the recent hit Godhi Banna Sadharna Mykattu. This will be the second big film for me. In a way, I want to end the year with a blast and begin the new year on a positive note,” Pushkar says.

Joining them will be Jayanna, for distributing the film, thus bringing the trio together after Godhi Banna.
Rakshit is equally excited with the whole development and says,

“Pushkar will be a great support for me. I am confident of my creativity but, in business acumen, he has an upper hand. I am sure he will get involved in the film. There is also a ‘luck’ factor which worked for us especially with Godhi Banna... and we hope it works with Kirik Party too. Jayanna is on board too, it is a double treat for me,” he says. The makers have decided on December 23 as the release date.

“We have decided to hit the screens around Christmas and continue the celebrations into New Year,” Rakshit says. The film, directed by Rishab Shetty, has an ensemble cast with Rakshit  Rashmika Mandanna and Samyuktha Hegde in the lead.

Stay up to date on all the latest Entertainment Kannada news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp