In a shocking incident, the driver of a Karnataka Administrative Service [KAS] officer committed suicide, alleging that he was being hounded for having knowledge of illegal conversion of old currency notes.
In his suicide note, the driver Ramesh KC alleged that he knew how BJP leader and Bellary mining baron Gali Janardhan Reddy and Bheema Nayak, a KAS officer serving in Bengaluru, had converted up to Rs 100 crore after demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes on Nov. 8.
Ramesh Gowda consumed poison on Tuesday, after being threatened by Nayak over the issue.
In the note, Ramesh Gowda detailed 17 high-value transactions conducted by Bheema Nayak. He also alleged that other officials were bribed to keep the transactions secret.
The death note
Subject: Irregularities committed by Bheema Nayak, KAS, Special Land Acquisition Officer
Benami property accumulated by him is worth more than Rs 100 crore
1. Bought a bungalow in Belagavi (while he was the tahsildhar there)
2. Purchased 20 guntas vacant plot at Hosapete (near Bamboo Bazar) with a loan from Bank of India
3. Bought 30 acre farm at at Hollabapura in Hagaribommanahalli taluk.
4. Bought 10 acre land belonging to a brother and sister at Mariammanahalli.
5. Bought Rs 5 crore worth --- (unclear) from Anil Jain (9880899500) of DONATA company near M S Palya
6. Purchased two sites of his wife's sisters near his residence at Attur, Yelahanka
7. Bought a petrol pump (IOC) in his brother, Krishna Nayak's name and committed irregularities worth crores
8. Bought two expensive cars in Krishna Nayak's name
9. Bought one Tavera in another brother's (Arjun) name
10. He buried cases of departmental enquiry against him by paying Rs 25 lakh to the personal secretary, Nagaraju KAS, of Revenue Minister.
11. Conducted transactions worth more than Rs one crore at Krishnaiah Chetty and Sons. In it, he bought a ring worth Rs 50 lakh. (Cust ID 142565)
12. Bought Rs 50 lakh worth clothes in Prestige cloth store in Commercial Street.
13. Purchased clothes worth more than Rs 50 lakh at Sudarshan Silk and Readymade, using his own mobile number (9845225136)
14. Siphoned off more than Rs 25 lakh with the help of an accountant Padmini, while he was administrator and election officer at Karnataka Savitha Samaja.
15. Donated commodities to Kukke Subramanya Temple and Datta Guru Mutt in Vasanthnagar on 10/7/16.
16. Unclear (alleges lakhs in cash was transferred to Nayak's relatives)
17. On 28/10/16, he met Janardhan Reddy and Sriramulu at Parijatha Guest House. He also agreed to pay Rs 25 crore to contest in Hagaribommanahalli constituency in 2018 Assembly elections.
18. On 15/11/16, Nayak said that he had given Rs 25 crore white money for the marriage (Reddy's daughters'). He used to visit Sriramulu at his residence in Woodland Hotel using the cars KA05 MT4449 and KA03 MU 8964.
19. He has converted Rs 100 crore of their money in Rs 1000 and Rs 500 denominations to Rs 50, 100 and 2000 denominations for a 20 per cent commission. Since, I had knowledge about these transactions he had issued a life threat. He had threatened to send goonds and murder me.
The last wish of my life is that my sisters' son Manoj Gowda should light my pyre.
I am thankful for my friends who cooperated with me.
The people responsible for my murder Bheema Nayak, KAS and his house driver Mohammed. They are directly responsible. They have withheld my three months salary.
Ramesh K S Office of Special Land Acquisition Officer Bengaluru 61216