

Police on Sunday detained over 20 people at Connaught Place’s Outer Circle after around 300 protesters gathered to demand reforms in the quota system and advocate for economic criteria in caste-based reservations.
Police maintained a presence at Connaught Place as the gathering was cleared from the protest site.
A key demand raised during the demonstration was the introduction of a creamy-layer criterion and a review of the existing reservation framework. Protesters also sought changes in policies concerning Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
"We are not against reservation. We want reforms in reservation.
The government should understand that poor people from all communities also face difficulties and their concerns should be heard," a protester said.
Another participant said the existing system should be examined to ensure that its benefits reach those who genuinely need support.
The protesters also raised concerns over the University Grants Commission framework and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, seeking a broader review of policies they said affected opportunities in education and employment.
The demonstration is part of a mobilisation that has largely taken place through social media.
The "Reservation Hatao Andolan", an Instagram-based page with around 5.
6 million followers, had called on its followers to join a physical demonstration in Delhi after building an online campaign around reservation reforms.
Two days earlier, hundreds of people had gathered at Jantar Mantar following the campaign's call.
Police detained several protesters after they gathered at the site, while a separate police-approved demonstration under the same banner had been allowed at Ramlila Ground for up to 500 people until 4 pm.
(With inputs from PTI)